Gutter cleaning is not typically at the top of a person’s cleaning list and is certainly one of the least glamorous, mainly because the job can get very dirty very quickly. When clearing out your gutter you may very well find yourself covered in all the moss, debris, and dirt that has accumulated over the years.
If this isn’t something that sounds particularly appealing to you then you can call in the professionals who will not be bothered in the slightest. They deal with this kind of mess every day as it is just part of the job for them, so why not hire professionals rather than getting all dirty yourself? Look no further than the suppliers of the best gutter cleaning in Chertsey KT16.
You may not be aware of how vital the guttering on your property is and just treat it as an extension of your roof and something that you needn’t be concerned about. Gutters are often overlooked by property owners because they are one of those things that just function on their own and get on with their role, making it easy to forget that they need to be regularly maintained.
The exact opposite is actually true, and your guttering is essential to the longevity of your property, and at in a worst-case scenario blocked guttering can significantly damage the structural integrity of your property and undermine walls and foundations. Gutters have one job and one job only, to divert water away from your property. This water is channelled through downpipes where it exits away from your home. It can also channel water into a tank or barrel for garden use during dry weather.
The good news however is that there are numerous companies that offer professional gutter cleaning, we are one of these companies and are the experts at gutter cleaning in Chertsey KT16.
Because your gutters line the outside of your home and are generally way above ground level then if you are inexperienced with ladders, cleaning your gutters out can be a daunting task. This is because you not only have to focus on the ladder but at the same time carry up the materials and equipment needed to do the job.
We have an excellent reputation for gutter cleaning in Chertsey KT16 and we would be more than happy to provide a quotation for our professional gutter cleaning, you will have clear gutters before you know it.
When you hire a professional gutter cleaning company to clear gutters for you, you can be sure that the job will be done to the best standard, leaving your gutter free of debris, and working properly once again. This is why we are the recommended people for gutter cleaning in Chertsey KT16
As the number one choice for gutter cleaning in Chertsey KT16 we know how to get the job done, therefore guaranteeing that you get your money’s worth and leaving you with clean, clear gutters.
What is Included in Professional Gutter Cleaning?
To give you a better idea of what you should expect when a professional comes to your property to clear gutters, here is a quick guide on what we usually do. Our employees have a vast experience in gutter cleaning in Chertsey KT16 and will perform the tasks below with the utmost professionalism.
- They will position the ladder in a safe and stable place that is in a position, so they are comfortable when up there and do not have to reach or stretch far. Note that they may not be using a ladder but a telescopic pole so that they can stand underneath and remove the debris.
- Put gloves on and pick up their bin bag or bucket to put the debris in.
- They will remove your gutter/leaf covers so that they can get into the gutter properly.
- Debris in your gutter usually has two layers: the top one (if there is no cover) will be made of leaves, twigs, bits of branches e.c.t and a bottom layer of dirt and sludge. The gutter cleaner may remove the top layer with their hands, putting the leaves and debris in the bin or bucket.
- To remove the bottom layer of dirt and sludge they may either continue to use their hands to remove it or use a trowel to scoop up what is there without getting too messy.
- Once they’ve cleared the area that the ladder surrounds. They will need to descend the ladder and move it to the next spot. This may seem like it will take a long time but doing it this way they can stay safe rather than leaning and potentially falling off the ladder.
- They will also make sure that any fallen debris is cleared away, making sure that the area that they have cleaned is not a mess for you to clean up after they have gone.
Washing it Out
- After all the debris has been cleaned, they will do a final wash down of the gutters. We generally use a hose, turning it on against the slope of your gutter so that any remaining waste runs down towards the downpipe. This should leave you with sparking, clear gutters.
- Where appropriate we may clean the gutter with a pressure washer or a telescopic gutter cleaner. This means that they do not need to climb the ladder but can use the attachments to get rid of the remaining waste.
Checking and Cleaning the Downpipes
- After the gutters are all clean, they will check your downpipes.
- If it seems blocked, then they may put the hose down the pipe until it hits the blockage and then turn it on to create enough pressure that will force the blockage out.
- It will then be easy to push out the blockage by hand or using a stick to remove the debris and then attach it back to the house. The rainwater will now easily flow through the gutters and down the pipe, preventing the problems that we have discussed.